How to move your podcast from Anchor.fm to Sounder?
If you are currently hosting your podcast on Anchor and would like to move over to the Sounder.fm platform, please follow these below steps:
Step 1 - Migrating Your Existing Podcast and Episodes to Sounder
- Before you do anything on the Anchor.fm site, please make sure you sign up with an account on Sounder.fm and begin the process of transferring your podcast show and corresponding episodes to our system. It is as simple as searching for your podcast within your Sounder dashboard and selecting import.
- Once imported, edit your podcast show and select the RSS icon on the left hand side.
Copy this RSS url since this is what you need to send to Anchor.fm so they can redirect your feed correctly.
Step 2 - Redirect Your RSS feed on Anchor.fm to Your New Sounder RSS feed
- You must contact Anchor directly to have them redirect your RSS feed to your new RSS feed within Sounder.
- In the form, make sure to add the following:
- The RSS feed you're going to be using moving forward
- The name of your podcast
- The email address tied to your Anchor account
After the redirect is complete, how long should I keep my Anchor.fm account active for?
We recommend keeping your Anchor.fm account live for at least 4 weeks. This ensures the podcast apps have enough time to update the new location for your podcast. After the 4 weeks, you can login to Anchor.fm and deactivate / delete your account.
What site should I post new episodes to after the RSS redirect is complete?
You will no longer need to post episodes into your Anchor.fm account and should only post the new episodes into your new Sounder.fm account. This will ensure all of the podcast apps grab your new episodes from Sounder.