How do I move my podcast from Anchor.fm to Sounder?
If you are currently hosting your podcast on Anchor and would like to move over to Sounder, please follow these below steps:
Step 1 - Migrating Your Existing Podcast and Episodes to Sounder
- Before you import your podcast to Sounder, we recommend making sure the email address associated with the podcast is yours, and not one created by Anchor with an "anchor.fm" domain. As a security step, we will send an email to the "owner email" address in the podcast's RSS feed to verify ownership. Therefore, it needs to be one you can access. You can check in your Anchor account by:
- Go to Settings, and then select Update Settings
- Scroll down to Account Settings to view and change the email address if needed.
- If you haven't already, sign up for an account on Sounder.fm and then use the "Import your podcast" button to start transferring your podcast and episodes to our system. You can search for your podcast by title, or enter the RSS feed url for your show (copy the RSS feed url by going to Settings > Podcast Availability > RSS Distribution in your Anchor account)
Step 2 - Redirect Your RSS feed on Anchor.fm to Your New Sounder RSS feed
- Once imported, select "Manage Podcast" > Copy Link to copy your Sounder RSS feed url. You will paste this url into your Anchor.fm account in order to turn on the redirect to Sounder.
- In your Anchor account, go to Settings > Podcast Availability > RSS Distribution
- In the Redirect URL field, paste your Sounder RSS feed that you copied in Step 1. It may take a few minutes, but your episodes will soon be served from Sounder. Here are the full instructions on how to set up the Redirect.
- Don't delete your Anchor account yet!
You will no longer need to post episodes into your Anchor.fm account and should only post the new episodes into your new Sounder.fm account. This will ensure all of the podcast listening apps grab your new episodes from Sounder.
Step 3 - Delete your Anchor account after the redirect is complete
We recommend keeping your Anchor.fm account live for at least four weeks. This ensures the podcast apps have enough time to update the new location for your podcast. After the four weeks, you can login to Anchor.fm and deactivate or delete your account.