How to Submit Your Podcast to Google
There are a few ways you can submit your podcast to Google. The first is through Google Play Music and the other is through allowing Google to crawl your podcast RSS feed just like they crawl websites.
Submitting Your Podcast Through Google Play Music
- Copy your Sounder.fm RSS Url by logging into Sounder, Selecting your Podcast and clicking on the RSS icon on the left navigation
- Go to The Google Play Podcast Portal
- Click "Add a Podcast" Button
- Paste in your Sounder.fm RSS feed
- Click "Submit RSS feed"
- Confirm Email Address
- Enter Verification Code that Google sends to your email
- Click "Publish Podcast"
- Wait for Approval
Google will Crawl your Sounder Page
Google will crawl your Sounder.fm page and will grab the RSS feed. This can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.
If you would like your show page to show within Google search results and Google Podcasts, you must first allow search engines to index your Sounder Show page. Please make sure "Allow Indexing" is selected within your account. To check, please follow the below steps:
- Login to your Sounder account
- Click on your show
- Select "Share" from top menu
- Select 'SEO" and turn on "Allow Indexing"