How to Move Your Podcast From Libsyn
If you are currently hosting your podcast on Libsyn and would like to move over to the Sounder.fm platform, please follow these below steps:
Step 1 - Migrating Your Existing Podcast and Episodes to Sounder
- Before you do anything on the Libsyn site, please make sure you sign up with an account on Sounder.fm and begin the process of transferring your podcast show and corresponding episodes to our system. It is as simple as searching for your podcast within your Sounder dashboard and selecting import.
Step 2 - Redirect Your RSS feed on Libsyn to Your New Sounder RSS feed
- Login to your Libsyn dashboard.
- Click on Destinations in the menu.
- Find Libsyn Classic Feed and click on the Edit button in Green.
- Click on Advanced Options
- Find Redirect Feed to This Web Address and paste your new Sounder RSS feed.
- Click the Green Save button at the bottom of the page.
- Verify the RSS redirect by logging into your Sounder account, click edit show, and then click on the RSS icon on the left hand navigation.
Click on "Redirect" and select Libsyn as your hosting provider. On the bottom, click "Verify Redirect"
Some additional questions you might have.
After the redirect is complete, how long should I keep my Libsyn account active for?
We recommend keeping your Libsyn account live for at least 4 weeks. This ensures the podcast apps have enough time to update the new location for your podcast. After the 4 weeks, you can contact Libsyn and have them deactivate your account.
What site should I post new episodes to after the RSS redirect is complete?
You will no longer need to post episodes into your Libsyn account and should only post the new episodes into your new Sounder.fm account. This will ensure all of the podcast apps grab your new episodes from Sounder.
My show is already on Stitcher, do I need to do anything?
Most podcast apps and directories will automatically pick up the new RSS feed changes. However, Stitcher currently does not do this. Please login to your Stitcher account and update the old RSS feed to your new Sounder RSS feed.