How to Move Your Podcast From Libsyn
If you are currently hosting your podcast on Libsyn and would like to move over to the Sounder.fm platform, please follow these below steps:
Step 1 - Migrating Your Existing Podcast and Episodes to Sounder
- IMPORTANT: Do you have more than 100 episodes? If you don't, skip to the next step. If you do have more than 100 episodes, you'll need to make sure the "Episode/Post Limit" in your Libsyn account's RSS feed is set to "No Limit". The Libsyn default is to show the 100 most recent episodes. If you don't change the setting to "No Limit", Sounder can't import all of your episodes. More information here: https://help.libsynsupport.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041220911-The-RSS-Feed.
- Sign up for an account on Sounder.fm
- Begin the simple process of importing your podcast show and corresponding episodes to our system. Once you create your account, choose "Import" and then search for your podcast or enter your Libsyn RSS feed. Follow the prompts and you'll be up and running in no time.
Step 2 - Redirect Your RSS feed on Libsyn to Your New Sounder RSS feed
- Login to your Libsyn dashboard.
- Click on Settings in the menu.
- Select "Redirects"
- In the "Feed Redirect URL" Add your Sounder RSS URL
- Click on Yes to confirm
After the redirect is complete, how long should I keep my Libsyn account active for?
We recommend keeping your Libsyn account live for at least 4 weeks. This ensures the podcast apps have enough time to update the new location for your podcast. After the 4 weeks, you can contact Libsyn and have them deactivate your account.
What site should I post new episodes to after the RSS redirect is complete?
You will no longer need to post episodes into your Libsyn account and should only post the new episodes into your new Sounder.fm account. This will ensure all of the podcast apps grab your new episodes from Sounder.