Automatic YouTube Distribution
Sounder makes it easier for you to distribute your content on YouTube. Publishing to YouTube can help expand your podcast to new listeners that you won’t find on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or other listening apps.
Before you start uploading episodes to YouTube make sure to verify your account with YouTube first. It's an easy process which you can read about here.
When you publish new episodes, they’ll go straight to YouTube without any extra steps for you.
- Before you start, you’ll need a:
- In Sounder, set up the connection to YouTube:
- Select the Apps tab
- Select YouTube from the list of Sounder Apps
- Click the “Connect to YouTube” button
- Login in YouTube using your YouTube username and password
- Select “Allow” when Sounder asks to have offline access.
- The option for “YouTube is enabled for your podcast” is now turned on
- Choose to Embed Transcripts by checking the box “Allow Sounder to automatically embed transcripts in all of your published YouTube videos”
- When selected, the YouTube video will present the transcript in sync with the audio.
- Select the YouTube Category that is most relevant to your podcast
- SAVE! Don’t forget to save your settings.
Note: These settings will update your preferences for all future videos uploaded to YouTube. To adjust videos previously published on YouTube, you'll have to adjust them manually on the YouTube site.